New West London Centre of Excellence gym is now open to the community, whether experienced or beginner.
Welcome to West London’s Premier Olympic weightlifting club. We create champions and train some of the most talented athletes in West London. We also have a social and friendly atmosphere that means anyone is welcome, whether beginner or with previous experience. We have awards from British Weighlifting for our club and competitors’ achievements.
The club was founded in 2011 by former Olympian Kazem Panjavi. A dedicated and well decorated competitive weightlifter with a passion for teaching kids and helping club members progress. champions of the future. This year Kazem was awarded Coach of the Year at Ealing Sport Awards, recognition of his volunteering efforts in developing the club and its participants.
What we do:
Weightlifting is a sport for everyone. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and the results we produce. If you want to get fit then you have come to the right place. We teach you the basics and look to build you into the best version of yourself. We welcome all levels of individual from the passionate starter to the well-seasoned athlete looking to refine their abilities and learn from the best
About Kazem Panjavi
- Competed in Olympic games
- Won 7 Gold Medals in various championships
- National record holder
- Snatched 140.5kg – twice my body weight and 175kg- two & half my body weight with 421.811 Sinclair,
- British weightlifting tutor, and GB National team coach
- Ran 5 clubs in West London.
- Head weightlifting coach for Stars for the future & Harrow school.
- Created Stars For The Future the best team of the year in Great Britain & British senior champion 2014,
- Gained a lot of qualifications since I have moved to the UK. They include:
- Advanced weight lifting coach (Weight Lifting Federation of Iran)
- BWL coach level 3.
- Level 2 volleyball coach (British volleyball association) with Richmond Volleyball Club.
- Children’s gymnastic instructor (Uromia University)
- Physical Education Degree
- Nominated for London top 3 Coaches of the Year Award 2013
- 2017 Best coach of the year by Everyone Active – Ealing
A few videos about us:
- 4th International Phoenix Invitation Only Competition 20/Oct/2018
- 3rd International Phoenix Invitation Only Competition 10/12/2017
- Southern Master 04/11/2017
- Maidstone youth Competition- 18/11/17
- British Junior/U23 championship 30th Oct & 1st Nov
- New Referees & New Level 2 coaches & First Aid qualified members
- 2017 Women’s Open Weightlifting Competition 03/09/2017
- Oxford Powersports Open 26/08/2017
- 2017 British Senior Championships 15-16/07/2017
- 2017 London Youth Games 09/07/2017
- 2017 Memorial Edmond Decottignies Lille, France 24/06/2017
- 2017 Alpencup in Switzerland 26-27/05/2017
- British University and college championship 2017 on the 1-2 April 2017
- Women’s weightlifting trial in Ealing Broadway Shopping Center– 11th March
- West London U18 and Club Competition 2017 Women only- for 8 session- March and April 2017 ————————————————————————————————————————————-
London Youth Games 2016 06/07/2016
Lille Memorial Tournament 2016 26/06/2016
Tenerife Grand Prix Women’s Only Competition 19/06/2016
A few pics: