We are British Senior 2014 champions with the youngest team ever that has achieved this title.
One gold, One silver, 2 Bronze , two 4th place, one 5th and one 7th place and one 9th place.
- Noorin Gulam (Barnhill Community High) is the 53kg British Senior champion. She is back with a great performance and 5 good lifts ending with 58 snatch and 70 clean and jerk.
- Sorcha Gavin ( Whitmore high school in Harrow) obtained 4th place in the 53kg category at the age of 16 but she dropped 50 snatch and 66 clean and jerk, so she lost her bronze medal.
In group 2, we had three 62 lifters.
- Louis hampton (Barnhill Community High) achieved a bronze medal and in the clean and jerk he made a new British record for under 18 with 120kg clean and jerk and he snatched 97.
- Nam Ahmadi (Uxbridge college – Hillingdon) was injured and he just lifted for the team but still was able to get fourth place.
- 15 year old Kian Panjavi (Brentside -Ealing) lost more weight than he needed but still managed to snatch 83 and clean and jerk 96 kg and missed 100 clean and he was able to get fifth place in the 62kg category.
In group 3 we had:
- Shila Panjavi (Kingston University – Ealing) she came second with a snatch of 62 kg and clean and jerk of 83 kg but only 3 out of 6 lifts. In the student championships she done 65 and 86 which could have bought her a gold medal today but because of the big stage it’s hard to put yourself together sometimes.
- Stuart Diplock (St Marys university -Hounslow) lifted in the 85kg category and after a snatch of 111kg, he missed 117kg and in the clean & jerk managed to have 140kg and missed 147kg twice which could have helped him take 5th place. He came 7th.
- Adam Mattiussi (Hounslow weightlifting coach) looked very sharp in the tough 77kg group and he lifted with jack Oliver and Shaun Clegg. 126kg snatch and very easily missed 131kg and 133kg which he did in training before. Shaun ended up with 131kg and jack 140kg. In C/J Adam started 155kg & 160kg which gave him a bronze medal, and to win silver & qualify for the European u23, he needed 166kg. He cleaned 166kg for the first time ever, but didn’t try the jerk as he got dizzy.
Sunday Group 8:
Vahid babajani lifted in the 94kg category and snatched 115kg and 140kg clean & jerk. It was his first big competition, he took 9th place.
British Seniors 2013
In the 13/07/2013 British Seniors(Bangor); 1-Louis Hampton became a British senior champion and broke another British record with 85kg snatch in 56kg catagory- he missed 106kg in his jerk which could make another British record in clean & jerk and Total. 2-Noorin Gulam Bronze in the 53kg category. 3-Poi Fakcha Bronze in the 58kg category. 4-Shila Panjavi lost a gold medal and attained silver with a 144kg total in the 58 category. 5-Adam Mattiussi lifted for St Marys is the 2013 British senior champion did 125 snatch and 146 kg C/J. We are very proud of him, he just missed 156kg jerk twice which could have lead him to the European u23 in this September, dont worry Adam there is still time in next year. 6-Nam Ahmadi just got injured and couldn’t finish his lift,he missed 4th place in 62kg 7- Shonagh Woodburn-Hall qualified few days late, she could have taken 4th place as well. She was helping the head coach. 8-Kian panjavi took photos, videos, was behind the technical officials doing the recording of the weights and played music between lifting. Overall we took third place in the British senior championships with 102 points without Nam and Shonaghs points which means we lost 48 points. Next year we will be the British champion for sure. The seniors will be the last competition till Oct till British u18 and in total of all club competitions we have the highest club points in Britain. all photos: http://www.facebook.com/kazem.panjavi/media_set?set=a.10151773898571458.1073741838.708881457&type=3 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.536847309728470.1073741838.101146836631855&type=3&uploaded=152