The club has three new referees!
On the 5th of November, Nicky Yudin and Vindhya Gobin attended the Level 2 Award for BWL Technical Officials held at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre. The two ladies were accompanied by current club referee, Nasrin Karimi who attended the course to gain a refresher of the rules and regulations.
The course delivered by Keith Morgan covered the following key principles:
- An explanation of the different age groups and weight categories
- A description of the two lifts – The Snatch and Clean & Jerk
- The rules for both lifts
- Identifying correct and incorrect movements for both lifts with demonstrations
- How to display a good or a no lift e.g. referee lights, hand signals
- The competition venue, equipment and documents
- A lifters outfit including the rules for accessories that may be worn e.g. belts, bandages, tape.
- The competition structure e.g. the different tiers, acceptance of the TCRR, competition entry, qualification totals
- What to expect during a competition e.g. weigh in, withdrawals, presentation of lifters, the performance aspect, breaks, records, victory ceremony
- The different technical official roles and how they are expected to dress.
After acquiring all the knowledge on the rules and regulations required to become a referee, the attendees concluded the course by completing and submitting a workbook that covered all the course content.
The club was delighted to hear weeks later that they now have 2 newly qualified and one refreshed referee. The ladies are excited to gain more experience refereeing in the competition field in the near future and we would like to thank Keith Morgan for delivering an excellent course.